Getting this blog updated has consumed me for a very long time. I refuse to even say how long it has been. I have tried so many different layouts and designs but nothing ever pleased me enough to say, “it is done”. Oddly enough, it’s been easy being my school’s webmaster but when it came to my own websites, I was my worst client! Nothing ever felt good enough or polished enough. When January 1, 2017 rolled in, I issued myself a challenge. I decided that by March 1, I will have made significant progress in updating my websites. I can officially say that today, January 28, I am ahead of my self imposed deadline!
I had to let go of my own perception of perfection and get moving. Procrastination almost paralyzed me. But every Monday and all throughout the week, I was constantly updating and revising my school’s website. I am also the Social Media Manager responsible for creating and sending social media blasts to keep the school community & parents updated. However, my own projects sat idle.
There is still a lot of work to be done. While I am immensely happy that I was able to bring in all of my video content from my YouTube channels, I need to update each post with updated articles and update categories and tags. I counted. Between the two channels, there are a total of 345 videos that need new or updated copy. Hmmm. . . if I work on one or two per day, by the end of 2017, I could be done!